Joeys current status:
* Fever is below 100.
* His blood infection is subsiding.
* He started to get fluid in his lungs, but the fluid is now starting to go away. One lung looks great.
* He now has a tracheal tube.
* He has a feeding tube through his nose.
* Has been asleep since the tracheal tube.
Today was a hard day. Met with the Doctor, Social Worker, and Head Nurse. The news they gave us was primarily negative. They said his vegetative state may be permanent. Initially they said only two parts of his brain were impacted, now they are saying more of his brain suffered damage. Occipital Lobe, and Parietal Lobe. They are also stating since his Cerebral Cortex was damaged, if he did awake, he may have a personality change, and may lose perceptual awareness. There is no surgery, no medication, nothing that can be done to help regenerate, or repair his brain. Now we are just in a waiting game
We continue to rely on God, and know he will be healed. There are some fundamental questions we are asking ourselves.
One - Does God Exist? We know this is a big yes.
Two - Would God want Joey to remain in this state? Answer is no. If Joey is to be a testimony, and tell people about God's healing power, how can Joey do this in his current state.
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
Three - Why would God allow Joey to come back if there was not a purpose? Joey's heart stopped for 6 minutes. As of now, there have been total transformations in family members, friends, and faith. We know that if we press in, and hold fast on God's promises, Joey will be 100% restored.
Even though he is unable to move, or talk physically, he is still speaking to us. Sometimes doubt sets in, and the reality that he may be like this forever hits us, but this is quickly dismissed because we know that with God all things are possible. And there is no way we can ever accept this. With every fiber of our soul we know he will be healed. Some word to stand on:
Isaiah 53:5 - by his wounds we are healed.
Luke 1:37 - For nothing is impossible with God.
Ps. 103:3 - Who heals all your diseases.
Acts 9:34 - ..Jesus Christ heals you. Arise.. .
An answer for the doctors, and nurses that are full of bad news:
Luke 18:27 - Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God."
We ask your support:
* To assist Joey's family financially. Any donation is welcome. No amount is to small. We just ask that you help anyway you can. (Please use the paypal link below.) We want to continue to help Joey's wife until Joey is able to return to work. To those who have donated thank you so so much.
* Please continue to lift him up in prayer. We continue to petition God for a full restoration.