Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Feels like progress
* Still has a slight fever. (hit 103 today)
* They found the infection (finally). C. diff. Looks like this is caused from antibiotics, and/or being in the hospital.
* White blood cell count is back down.. this is a good thing. Means infection is subsiding again.
* Joey was able to breathe on his own for 3.5 hours today.
* They tried to take him off of Tylenol today to see if his fever would go away, however his fever spiked up, so he has to stay on the Tylenol. They believe the fever is related to the brain injury.
* He had a bite block in his mouth, and this was recently removed. He actually was biting the block so hard a couple of his teeth were pushed deeper into his gums. Dentist will be seeing him to help take care of this.
Today was a good day for Joey. It appears he is starting to respond. Here is a synopsis of some things that have started to take place:
* Nurse asked Joey to move his foot, and it appears he moved his foot on queue. Nurse validated it was a response.
* Nurse stated that it appeared he was responding to a friends Dad. Need to find out what exactly the response was. I think it might have been eye movement, but will find out, and update the blog again.
* Some family members were talking with Joey, and it looks like he attempted to respond verbally. This is something we are trying to get him to repeat.
Family and friends continue to pray. There will be a fund raiser tomorrow at Chevy's on Almaden from 4-8PM. There will be a concert as well. Please get a flyer at the door, and state you are there for the Joey Nava fund raiser. A portion of the money paid for your meal will be directed toward the Nava family.
Also, please hold Hiram C. in prayer. Him, and his wife/family have been faithfully praying, and supporting Joey. Hiram is the father of one of Joey's childhood friends. He got into a serious motorcycle accident yesterday. Please lift him up in your prayers as well. here is his blog (updated July 22) http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/hiramcatrett
God is continuing to draw more people closer to him through this situation. He is continuing to do wonderful things, and we see, and realize progress everyday. Even though it seems to happen in baby steps, we will take progress in any shape of form until Joey walks out of the hospital.
Thank you to those who have donated, and to the many people who continue to pray for him.
We ask your support:
* To assist Joey's family financially. Any donation is welcome. No amount is to small. We just ask that you help anyway you can. (Please use the paypal link below.) We want to continue to help Joey's wife until Joey is able to return to work. To those who have donated thank you so so much.
* Please continue to lift him up in prayer. We continue to petition God for a full restoration.